Over the last couple of months, I decided it’s time to wake up earlier to workout and make breakfast. This hasn’t been easy and I’m happy to report that waking up early won’t kill you, plus it helps with being consistent. After getting video lights for my birthday, I’ve even filmed cooking videos in the morning before work. Crazy, right?!?
Post Workout Protein
You’re supposed to have a good source of post workout protein and you can get that from protein powders or eggs. To keep breakfast tasting good, I’ve experimented with adding different veggies, seasonings, and cheese to the eggs.
Meal Prep Style
If you meal prep on Sunday or Monday for the entire week, you can use a baking mat or silpat on a cookie sheet with the rim, then bake the eggs. If you don’t have a baking mat, use parchment paper or make sure to spray your cookie sheet with enough oil. When using the baking method, put the cheese on TOP of the egg instead of the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use Silpat (baking mat), parchment, or spray the baking sheet liberally with oil.
- Add the bell pepper rings, cut these on the thicker side to contain your eggs.
- Crack the eggs in the center of each ring OR use egg whites in a carton OR whole eggs in a carton.
- Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, and taco seasonings on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the whites are close to the firmness you like. You want to take the eggs out BEFORE it gets to the firmness you like.
- Add your favorite cheese, I used Monterey jack cheese since that flavor goes well with taco seasonings.
- Change the over to broil and broil about 2 – 3 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and serve.*
*Let the egg rings cool before putting them in your containers.
Serve with avocado slices and salsa or hot sauce. Keep the salsa in a separate little container so your eggs don’t get all watery and gross.