- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef (grass-fed is best)
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s South African Seasoning Blend
- 1 shallot (or small onion)4 cloves garlic (I used black garlic)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 package spiralized butternut squash
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Bacon grease, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- Heat a skillet to medium, then add 1 tbsp of your preferred oil (bacon grease, avocado oil, or coconut oil).
- Add the ground beef and season with black pepper. If you have Trader Joe’s South African Seasoning Blend, add about a teaspoon to the ground beef. Sauté until the ground beef is browned then take the meat of the pan.
- While the meat is browning, dice the shallots or a small onion. Add the shallots to the pan and sauce for about 1 minute.
- Chop the spiraled butternut squash with kitchen shears, then add to the shallots/onions. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the meat back, empty the can of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, oregano, sea salt, cayenne pepper (optional), and garlic, stir everything together. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.